You’ll never make a dazzling side salad than this winner right here. It is very easy, but so absolutely delectable and crave-able. If you’ve just explored these Italian salad ingredients and recipes for the first time, Congratulations!
You have eventually found that perfect house salad to accompany all your fish or chicken dinner and Italian pasta.
Everyday Italian Salad Ingredients
Always store the given-below items in your kitchen/pantry:
- Veggies: Just use sliced pepperoncini peppers and thinly sliced red onion. But feel free to put extra salad veggies according to your taste.
- Greens: A of mixed spring greens and any other.
- Tomatoes: either use fresh tomatoes or sun-dried tomatoes.
- Parmesan: Toss parmesan into a salad, plus top the salad from it.
- Nuts (Optional): Add a handful of toasted pine nuts if desired.
- Italian Vinaigrette: A combo of red wine vinegar, dried oregano, pepper, salt, Dijon, and garlic.
- Croutons: Use leftover bread to make a batch of homemade croutons or use store-bought croutons instead.
Everyday Italian Salad
Prep & Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 15 Minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
1. Italian Salad Ingredients
- 5 ounces mixed spring greens
- Half Small red onion, thinly chopped
- 2 cups croutons
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for topping
- 1/3 cup sliced pepperoncini peppers
Whisk all ingredients in a salad bowl, sprinkle evenly with vinaigrette, and flip until evenly mixed. Serve with extra parmesan cheese and enjoy!
2. Italian Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or 1 small clove garlic, pressed or minced)
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl until combined. Taste and add extra sweetener if needed. Use instantly or refrigerate in a well-sealed contained for up to 3 days.
There is numerous way of customizing this salad. So feel free to use what ingredient you most prefer and make this one your own. For instance:
- Add Beans: White beans, kidney beans, and chickpeas would be a delicious source of protein.
- Add Olives: Any Italian olives that you like.
- Add Proteins: Salmon, tofu, steak, pork, chicken, and shrimp would all be advantageous in this salad.
- Add Extra Jarred Veggies: Like roasted red peppers and artichoke hearts.
- Add Fresh Herbs: Rosemary, fresh basil, and oregano chop, and add all these to the vinaigrette for extra fresh flavor.
- Add Fresh Veggies: radishes, carrots, bell peppers, and cucumber.
- Make It Vegan: Skip the parmesan cheese and add in a drizzle of nutritional yeast instead.
- Make It Gluten-Free: Use gluten-free bread and croutons and mix them all.
This simple Italian Salad recipe is easy and quick to prepare, tossed with an Italian Vinaigrette, and can simply double as a main dish or side salad. See notes above for possible ingredient variations, become creative, and try in your style.