Low fat and quick chicken salad recipe healthy are a must for summer days. This is low in sodium and calories but big on taste. Chicken salad is super easy to make, and you can pull it off any time. Generally, when we talk about chicken salad, two basic recipes strike our mind. The first one is a chicken salad mixed with grapes, celery, and creamy mayonnaise. The other one is a typical chicken salad with grilled chicken on a layer of lettuce with all kinds of dressings and toppings. Both ways, the chicken salad recipes are most suitable when trying to lose weight. Creamy and cold, with red onion and celery, this salad is healthy, flavourful, tasty, and protein-packed. After the routine workout, you might want to have something healthy as well as delicious at the same time, and chicken salad recipes are a perfect option. It provides you with the required proteins with flavors, not making your food bland. Another benefit of these recipes is that they are quite easy to prepare and are light to eat, thereby, don’t increase the calorie intake. Know about mouth-watering chicken salad recipe healthy.
Know-How To Make This Super Delicious Chicken Salad Recipe Healthy
After learning this chicken salad recipe healthy, you are surely going to lie on this one. It is a perfect recipe that equally brings out the flavor of chicken and other vegetables. Have a look at some essential ingredients and process.
- Cooked Chicken. You can take any leftover cooked chicken.
- Mayonnaise And Yogurt. Mayonnaise makes chicken salad real, and the yogurt adds creaminess with very few calories.
- Celery And Red Onion. These veggies add flavor and crunch. You can take green or white onions too.
- Nuts. Take pecans and toast them lightly on a skillet. It adds flavor and crunch to the salad. You can also take cashews, almonds, and nuts.
- Fresh herbs. Add parsley, basil, or even cilantro. Herbs indeed add a lot of flavors.
- Vinegar, Salt, And Pepper. The main role of these ingredients is to add flavor.
- Make Chicken Salad Healthy Recipe and cook chicken breasts. If you love dark meat more, you can prepare instant pot chicken thighs or baked chicken thighs.
- Toast nuts in a small casserole on low flame until it turns brownish and fragrant. Cool it and then chop.
- Combine all ingredients i.e. chicken, celery, red onion, yogurt, parsley, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, and pepper, in a bowl. Mix well and adjust salt to taste.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of two hours as salad tastes best when it is cold, just like the potato or avocado salad.
- Refrigerate salad in a bowl with a plastic lid for around 5 days.
What are you waiting for? Rush to your kitchen and try this super delicious and amazing chicken salad healthy recipe. Hope you like it!