When it comes to healthy meals, salad is the first option that comes in the mind. There are various salad recipes that can be made using healthy fruits and vegetables. You can add on the health quotient by adding eggs, yogurt or even nuts. But, seafood salad recipes are less heard of. Here are some ideas for easy and healthy seafood salad recipes. You can have these for lunch or dinner and fulfill your nutrition requirements.
Crispy Prawn Salad
- 4 tomatoes – thinly sliced
- 2 onions – finely chopped and washed with salt water and drained to remove the pungency.
- ½ cup of squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup of chopped parsley or cilantro
- 3 carrots – grated
- 1 cup prawns.
- Begin by decorating your salad platter with onions and tomatoes.
- Next, spread cilantro or parsley on the decorated onions and tomatoes.
- Then add grated carrots on one side of the platter.
- Air-fry all the prawns in an air-fryer to make them nice and crisp. Add these to the salad platter.
- Pour the squeezed lemon juice on all the contents uniformly.
- Ensure that you do not toss it else the arrangement will spoil.
- This salad dish can be enjoyed with pilau or nyamachoma.
Shrimps Salad Tandoori
- 300g Shrimps
- 500g Salad leaves
- 100g Carrot
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Mango
- 100g radish
- A bunch Parsley
- A bunch chive
- ½ Lemon juice
- 5 tablespoon Tandoori spice
- teaspoon oil
- 100g Yogurt
Instructions for the shrimps preparation
- Begin by mixing the tandoori spice, oil, lemon juice and yoghurt together and leave it in the fridge for around 30 minutes.
- Now preheat the oven to 160 F (85 C) for 10 minutes.
- Put the shrimps in the marinade kept in the fridge and place it in the oven for 45 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut carrots, avocado, mango and radish in small pieces and mix them all together with salad leaves in a bowl.
- Also finely chop parsley and chive and mix it in the bowl.
- After 45 minutes, remove the shrimps from the oven and tear it apart using 2 forks.
- Now mix the shrimp pieces and the salad sauces in the bowl with vegetables.
Ingredients for salad sauce
- Teaspoon Mayonnaise
- Ts Mustard
- ½ Orange
Crab Artichokes Salad
Artichokes are not only healthy for your body but they make an interesting ingredient owing to their unique flavor. This healthy salad with artichokes, crab meat, oranges and radishes tastes divine and feels quite refreshing. Have a quick look at the preparation instructions. The recipe below serves 4.
- 4 Artichokes
- 4 oranges, peeled and de-skinned
- 6 radishes, finely sliced
- 1 lemon
- 12 kalamata
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound crab meat
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Take a pan of boiling water and add the artichokes and cook them until barely tender for approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
- Also squeeze half a lemon in the boiling water while cooking artichokes.
- Drain when done and keep aside to cool.
- Pull out the artichoke leaves and remove the fuzzy choke out of each artichoke.
- Next, slice them into ½ inch wedges and keep aside.
- Squeeze the other half of lemon and keep ready.
- In a large bowl, add the peeled and sectioned oranges, after discarding the white pith and orange seeds.
- Mix mayonnaise with crab meat and add some salt and pepper.
- While serving, alternate the oranges and the artichoke wedges on a serving plate.
- Garnish the plates with radish slices,
- Mix the lemon juice with olive oil and drizzle over the salad.
- Sprinkle the mix with salt and paprika.