Pasta salad is another tasty dish, and a salad-like dish can be prepared with different types of pasta. This pasta salad can be typically served as a main course, side dish, or an appetizer. This type of meal can be served year-round. However, pasta salad is mainly considered as a spring or summertime meal.
Pasta salad is a quick and easy recipe made with boiled pasta and fresh vegetables, garnished with basil, coriander leaves, toasted almonds and walnuts as per taste. This type of pasta recipe is not only super easy to prepare but it is also very healthy and mouth-watering. The pasta here is the only ingredient that can be used in a variety of ways. Let us take a look into how to prepare yummy mouth-watering pasta salad quickly at home.
Pasta Salad Recipes
Recipe # 1
- 1 pound spiral pasta
- Six tablespoons salad seasoning mix
- Two cups cherry tomatoes, finely chopped.
- One red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (16 ounces) bottle Italian-style salad dressing
- One green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can black olives, chopped
- ½ yellow bell pepper, chopped
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta, until it is a bit soft, then rinse it under cold water and drain the excess water.
- Mix the salad spice mix and Italian dressing.
- In a bowl, mix the pasta, cherry tomatoes, olives, and bell peppers.
- Pour the dressing mix over the pasta salad, toss and refrigerate overnight.
Recipe # 2
- One tablespoon Italian seasoning
- One bunch of green onions, chopped
- Two cucumbers, chopped
- 1 (16 ounces) package uncooked rotini pasta
- 1 (16 ounces) bottle Italian salad dressing
- Six tomatoes, finely chopped
- 4 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta, until it is a bit soft. Cook the pasta for 8 to 12 minutes, and drain the excess water.
- In a giant bowl, toss the cooked pasta with the cucumbers, Italian dressing, green onions, and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, add the Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning and mix it gently.
- Keep it in the refrigerator by covering it up, and then serve.
Recipe # 3
- 200 gm pasta
- 1 cup broccoli
- One teaspoon black pepper powder
- Four cloves minced garlic
- 4 cups of water
- One teaspoon mixed herbs
- Salt as required
- Two teaspoon olive oil
- One tablespoon lemon juice
- One teaspoon vinegar
- One handful basil
- Two small tomatoes
- Four loose lettuce leaves
- In a medium-sized pan add 4-5 cups of water, when the water comes to boiling. Add the pasta along with some salt and one teaspoon of oil
- Cook the pasta till it is cooked well. Then drain the excess water and rinse the pasta in cold running water.
- In the meantime, boil some water and add the broccoli after 2-3 minutes. Drain the excess water and add some ice to it. Put the tomatoes and lettuce in ice-cold water so that they retain their freshness.
- Now, in a deep serving bowl, put the pasta then add the roughly chopped lettuce leaves. Add the sliced tomatoes and broccoli then drizzle it with some vinegar, olive oil, and lemon juice.
- Now, add the crushed garlic cloves.
- Season it with salt, pepper, and mixed herbs.
- Finally, toss all the ingredients again and garnish with basil leaves.
- This pasta is ideally served chilled. Now you can have it for lunch or dinner.