Just know the nutritional importance of spinach salad, to know whether it is overrated.
The nutritious leafy green came into the picture in the 12th century from Persia. It went across the world and now, is famous everywhere for its versatile taste and nutritional impact. A Spinach salad with the creamy sauce is also called as Florentine because often dishes with spinach and creamy sauce are named that way. Spinach belongs to a nutritional powerhouse family.
A Few Recipes To Try At Home
Spinach is all good, but no taste? Well, no! It tastes as good as it looks. considering spinach, there are three types such as smooth, savoy, and semi-savoy. Growing spinach at home, you will be able to prepare different Spinach salad recipes. Therefore, we have shortlisted a few recipes for you. Let’s check them out.
Spinach Salad And Garlic Dressing
This recipe is ideal for beginners because it is pretty straightforward. The ingredients below are mentioned to get six servings.
Ingredients For Spinach Salad
- 3/4 cup of olive oil
- 8 ounces of bacon
- 1/4 cup of wine vinegar (red)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 pound leaf spinach (stems removed)
- 8 ounces of mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- Pinch salt and pepper
How To Make
- Take a medium skillet, then, set the medium-high flame to cook the bacon. Make sure to let it turn crispy.
- Take a paper towel, and drain it. Once it is cold, crumble and keep it aside.
- Meanwhile, take another bowl, add oil, salt, vinegar, garlic, and pepper.
- After washing, keep aside the spinach leaves to dry.
- Then, tear the leaves into pieces and add them into a salad bowl. Next, add the bacon and mushrooms, and mix.
- Then, pour only 2/3 of the mixture to the salad and keep aside the rest for later. Toss well and serve right away!
Spinach Salad And Bacon Dressing
This is another simple recipe that you can try in 20 minutes for four servings. Since this is an easy recipe, even a person who has no cooking skills can try this. Now, let’s check the ingredients and the method to prepare the salad.
Ingredients For Spinach Salad And Bacon Dressing
- 8 ounces of young Spinach
- 8 pieces of bacon (thick-sliced, chopped)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons of wine vinegar (red)
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 4 large white mushrooms (sliced)
- 3 ounces red onion (thinly sliced)
- Salt and black pepper
How To Make
⦁ Take a large bowl, place the spinach leaves.
⦁ Boil the eggs and let the eggs cool down, later peel off the shell. Once done, slice an egg into eight parts and keep aside.
⦁ Meanwhile, prepare the bacon by frying it.
⦁ Add the reserved fat to a pan and set over low flame. Add in sugar, Dijon mustard, and vinegar. Then, add pepper and salt as well.
⦁ Stir in mushrooms. Add the onions to the spinach and mix. Then, add the bacon and dressing, and combine it.
⦁ Serve spinach to flour plates and divide the eggs and enjoy!
Trying this out will not hurt, so go ahead and try!